Aidan 5

1st Block of filming is done!

Talk about all things AIDAN 5!

1st Block of filming is done!

by Ben_Bays » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

The last four days have been insane, and wonderful.

I can't tell you how amazing it was to be standing on set with the Aidan 5 cast and crew, almost four years after we started filming the first season. As a show-runner, I get to see the production from a unique perspective. It's been a really long road just to get to this point, and Vidas, Johnny and I were incredibly nervous about trying to recreate the same successful shoot we had during season 1. But once we saw that green wall with Bryan and Maya dressed in their classic Aidan 5 garb, we fell right back into the swing of things like no time had passed at all.

There were many challenges and pitfalls to overcome -- mainly a sick James Aidan and a re-arranged schedule. But my hat was off to Bryan. Even while sporting a fever, he powered through it and showed up on set every day to deliver a command performance.

We were able to cover a large portion of principal photography, and while we didn't get through as much of the schedule as we were hoping for, we got more than we thought we would. The footage looks great, and I can't wait to start cutting this week.

The band is back together again!
Ben Bays
Executive Producer / Writer / Director
Aidan 5
Ben_Bays
Cast & Crew

Re: 1st Block of filming is done!

by Francesco » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Awesome, so bad I live so far away from there and can't help you!
--
Francesco "zefram cochrane"
the subtitles guy, a5s1\a5s2
http://www.italiansubs.net
https://twitter.com/z_cochrane

Francesco
zefram cochrane

Re: 1st Block of filming is done!

by Shawn_Likley » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 pm

My hat is off to those folks who stuck it out for the first for days! From the "hurry up and waits" to the crew that hustled for every take. Ben and Johnny did a great job of of negotiating who was "on set" vs what we "needed shot."

You may not know this but we were on "Plan C" for our shoot weekend. Ben did a great job of making it work, last second (literally). Ben really kept it together and muscled through when it looked impossible. Between the crushing expectations, tight schedule, and handling the unforeseen circumstances he did an amazing job!

I personally don't know how he can overcome such adversity every-time it rears it's ugly head! I try to be helpful... But he just makes it happen!'

Ben Bays is my hero and without him I would not be in this space making such an amazing show!
Shawn,
Co-Producer, Camera Op, Lead Compositor
Aidan5 (A5s1 & A5s2)

Shawn_Likley
Cast & Crew

Return to AIDAN 5 Discussion